6 Questions To Ask Before Shipping A Car (…And Some Answers to Expect) February 18, 2020
Questions You Should Ask Before Shipping A Car
If you're a car shipping newbie, it's understandable that you have questions. Handing the keys to your car, truck, SUV or motorcycle to a company and waiting for delivery on the other side can seem like a daunting endeavor. While there are some logistics and details to consider, shipping a car is easier than you might think - if you get these questions answered in advance, of course. Direct Connect Auto Transport has been America's top choice for shipping a car for over two decades, and over this tenure, we've compiled some of the most frequently asked questions for you to reference. (In other words, we've done the legwork for you.)
Check Out The Answers To The Questions You Should Be Asking Before Shipping A Car:
- How much will it cost? This may seem a little too obvious. Of course, you'll ask the price of shipping a car before booking it, but it is important to get a clear view of the pricing. Some car shippers lead with a low price and have add-on costs that are only revealed at the end. Understanding the full price and all additional charges that may apply will help you make an educated decision.
- Do you offer any guarantees? While it's unlikely, small or large accidents can sometimes occur. Find peace of mind knowing the company you've chosen will stand behind the quality of their work. A guarantee is the perfect way to ensure your car is in good hands, in the event of unforeseen issues, you'll be protected.
- Can I track my vehicle while it's on the road? Some companies will offer their customers the ability to tap into the power of technology to keep an eye on their vehicle while it's on the road. Of course, this provides added peace of mind, but can also come in handy in times of unpredictable weather or traffic incidents.
- What if I need to reach you after hours? The world doesn't stop turning after hours or as we cross time zones. The question is does the company shipping your car become unreachable outside the hours of nine to five. Seek out the company that can assist you 24/7 and maybe even offers added conveniences like toll-free numbers or online chat.
- What do your customers have to say about you? This is where the rubber meets the road (pun intended). Customer reviews shed light on what the company is doing right and, possibly, wrong. Taking a long look at the online reviews posted by actual customers can show trends of good and bad service as well as show how the business responds when something goes wrong. Seek out multiple comments about the same issues (negative or positive) as well as promptness and professional responses to complaints to learn who the car shipper really is.
- Can they accommodate your special needs? If you are shipping a car that requires unique accommodations to be met, you'll need to find a company that can help. Whether your antique vehicle needs to be in an enclosed carrier to protect its delicate exterior or your oversized SUV requires a flatbed truck to move from point A to point B, you'll need a car shipper that can make it happen.
Shipping a car is a big decision, yes. But, it's also one that can solve your logistical challenges and keep you and your family safe by leaving the driving to the professionals. Asking a few key questions upfront ensures that your car is in good hands while it makes its way from your starting point to your endpoint. Direct Connect Auto Transport is here to help when you are shipping a car, truck, motorcycle or SUV across town or across the country.
Since 2001, we've led the pack with professional quality car shipping services that come with competitive prices and a guarantee of quality. Here's an overview of why we're America's top choice for auto transport:
* The largest network of thoroughly-vetted drivers
* Quality guarantee included with every car shipment
* Tracking tools to keep an eye on your car while it's on the road
* 24/7 customer service standing by
* Ability to accommodate vehicles of all shape, sizes and conditions from standard to oversized to luxury vehicles (and lots in between).
* Nationwide auto transport know-how
It all starts with an online quote from the industry leader, Direct Connect Auto Transport. (But, if you have more questions, of course, we've got those covered too - just let us know!)