Formulating the Price of an Auto Transport
Of course, the biggest issue for most people is finding the right price to match the quality of service they need. You’ll want something affordable that still provides you with a safe and timely delivery. If you’re like most people, your vehicle is a critical part of your daily routines! You cannot afford to compromise safety in your auto transport dealer.
We promise to be upfront and transparent with the entire process. Some less than reputable companies might try to hide hidden fees and miscellaneous charges by burying them in a legal contract. On the other hand, we offer a simple quote form that generates estimate values based on very basic information. There are no secrets to our pricing! If you have any questions or unique concerns about your South Dakota auto transport, give us a call and speak directly to one of our sales representatives.
Our rate estimates are based solely on straightforward calculations, including the following items:
- Your Vehicle Type: The price will vary some based on the kind of vehicle you want us to transport. Because of insurance rates and other factors, luxury sports or classic model cars will cost more to transport as opposed to SUVs
- Your Carrier Option: We offer flatbed carriers or open or closed. Each option will alter the rate of your auto transport slightly.
- Distance: The largest factor in determining the final price will be the distance in miles from point A to point B. If your final destination is from Pierre to New York, that will significantly increase the rate over a simple move across Sioux Falls.
- Season: The time of year could also affect auto transport pricing. Most people choose to move over summer. The higher demand could place a burden on our scheduling. It’s best to take the time to research optimal seasons for moves to save money.
- Average Diesel Rates: Similar to gasoline, diesel fluctuates at sometimes unexpected rates. Part of our final rates does take into account the average rate of fuel costs based on postings by the US Department of Energy.
How to Research the Best Auto Transport Company
We don’t just want your business. We want you to stay informed and make the right choice for your auto transport needs. You should take an educated approach by researching all your options. Always have a backup plan, and never take someone at their word. Competitors might flash all kind of deals on their websites, but call and ask about the specifics, take notes, and compare them to us.
Here are some key items to look for when researching your auto transport company:
- Availability: It’s your move, so you need a transport business to work on your schedule. If they are completely booked on your ideal move day, it’s going to mess up your plans with everything else involved. Of course, you also want someone available to answer any questions or concerns you have along the way.
- Transparent Pricing: While their rates should be seen as estimates until you actually negotiate and sign the final paperwork, the company should be completely honest and upfront about how they calculate their numbers. You don’t want any surprises.
- Accreditations: The best auto transport company should be fully licensed and insured for all their trucks, and they might be part of a trucking association. If you have any reason to doubt, ask for the proper documentation.