Your Guide to Ohio Car Shipping
Have you discovered the convenience of auto transport yet? Car owners of Ohio are jumping on the car shipping “bandwagon” for a variety of reasons such as:
- Family relocation to Ohio
- Career change to the Buckeye state
- Ordering a car online (and shipping it to Ohio)
- Sending kids off to college in Ohio
- Moving across town
Let’s start with how to get started:
- Get an Ohio car shipping price quote. Be sure to provide all the details of your car shipment to ensure you receive an accurate price quote. You can typically get this online or via telephone
- Choose a quality Ohio auto transport company. Of course, you’ll be looking for the best deal on Ohio car shipping, but be sure to select a quality company. Your Ohio auto transport company should offer insurance, guarantee its services and have accessible customer services in addition to positive reviews from current customers.
- Prep your car for its shipment to Ohio. It’s an easy process - just clear out personal items, snap a few photos of your car to document its condition, get your fuel levels to ¼ tank and you’re all set!
Selecting The Best Ohio Auto Transport Company
VFinding the best OH car shipping price is, of course, your goal, but you’ll also only want a trustworthy company transporting your vehicle! Here are some of the key criteria you should be looking at to ensure your car, truck, SUV or motorcycle is in good hands when its shipped to Ohio.
- Online Auto Transport Reviews: Online reviews are an excellent way to learn more about the Ohio car shipper’s customer service, timeliness and quality. Be sure to pay attention to trends in the comments; these are indicators of things the company does right or wrong most frequently.
- Experience: Years in business and the strength of the carrier network are markers of a company that has experience in Ohio car shipping (i.e., you can trust that they know what they’re doing). You might also look for accreditation with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and check out their rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Insurance: Would you drive around the streets without car insurance? Your answer is most likely no. Of course, you want your vehicle to be protected during its Ohio auto transport as well, so check out your car shipper’s insurance offerings to protect your important asset.
How Do Ohio Car Shipping Prices Work?
So, what is the mystery behind your Ohio car shipping price? There’s no mystery, really, but there are quite a few factors that come into play. Here’s what you need to know about Ohio auto transport price calculations:
- The Type of Your Vehicle Matters: If you are shipping a brand new Porsche versus a ten-year-old Nissan, you might have different needs in your car shipment. Additionally oversized, vintage, inoperable vehicles can come with specifications that affect the price.
- The Distance of the Load Factors In: Shipping a car to Ohio from New York City is likely to cost more than from Cleveland to Cincinnati. Fuel, driver fees and popularity of the route all come into play as your auto transport price quote is being calculated.
- Carrier Option Has An Impact: There are three types of carriers (trucks) used to ship your car to Ohio. The most popular is the open carrier, and the enclosed carrier is also used for vehicles that require more security or protection from the elements. A flatbed truck may also be used for larger equipment or shorter auto transport needs.
- Seasonality Comes Into Play: There is often a demand factor that impacts auto shipping prices. Be sure to let your Ohio car shipping company know if you are flexible with your dates.
How Do Ohio Car Shipping Prices Work?
- Can I keep personal items in my vehicle during my Ohio car shipping? Yes, up to 100 pounds. Be sure to remove valuable and fragile items. Also, keep in mind that the driver will need visibility as he/she loads the vehicle onto its carrier.
- How do I get my car ready for its Ohio car shipment? First clear out your personal items, then snap a few pictures of your car’s current condition for documentation purposes. Finally, get your gas tank to ¼ of the way full and you’re all set.
- How can I contact you if I have further questions? Direct Connect Auto Transport is available 24/7 toll-free at 800-981-2222 or via email [email protected]
The Direct Connect Auto Transport Advantage
Since 2001, Direct Connect Auto Transport has been the go-to leader for Ohio auto transport. We’re known for our affordable prices and quality car shipping services. From an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau to a 5-star rating with our customers who reviewed our services online, we’ve built a reputation for car transport that is second to none. Check out a few more reasons, we’re your best choice for Ohio car shipping:
- Strongest, most thoroughly-vetted carrier network
- 24/7, 365-days/year access to our customer service team via toll-free 800 number
- Damage-free guarantee
- World-class insurance with all car shipments
- Real-time tracking