New York Auto Transport Service
If you are in the process of relocating to New York, it can be quite an adventure. New York is an expansive state – from the frigid Buffalo area to the metropolitan capital of the world, New York City, this state covers a lot of ground. If you are relocating, most likely you need to relocate your vehicle(s) as well, and Direct Connect Auto Transport is here to help you make that happen.
How Is the Cost to Ship a Car, Truck, or Motorcycle to New York Calculated?
Rates differ from city to city. Obviously, the cost is higher if you're shipping your vehicle from Califonia to New York opposed to Pennsylvania to New York. However, Direct Connect Auto Transport offers the most competitive rates in the business, with a certified, trusted service you can have faith in. Quotes are calculated dependent on distance, type of vehicle, and also other circumstances like type of carrier.
How Do I Receive a Free New York Transport Quote?
To receive a free quote for your vehicle, simply enter your city, state, and zip in the convenient calculator on the Direct Connect Auto Transport page, and we can provide you with a rough estimate as to how much it will cost to ship your bike from point A to point B. You can also call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (877)MOVE-CAR to request a free quote in more detail, or to plan a trip. You may also contact us by email through our secure web form on our Contact Us page.
What Are Estimated Transit Times?
Transit times vary widely, depending on the route. For a rough example of transit times from New York to Atlanta, for example, look at the timetable on this page for an approximate calculation.
How Do I Prepare My Vehicle for Shipment?
We recommend booking at least two to three weeks ahead of time to ensure we can accommodate your date(s). You'll want to clean your vehicle inside and out, and document any existing damage or scratches that the car or truck may have. While we will ship personal items weighing up to 100 lbs., it's a good idea to take all of your personal items out of the vehicle. While your auto is covered for any potential damage incurred during shipment, theft of personal items is not covered. It's also a good idea to remove all aftermarket interior and exterior accessories. Run your gas tank down to ¼ of a tank, turn off all alarms, and remove any toll tags or passes. After all of this is complete, Direct Connect Auto Transport does the rest for you!
Can I Track the Progress of My Vehicle?
Absolutely. Once your vehicle is on its way to its destination, we will provide you with unique tracking information that you may use to log into the site. You can log in and check the status of your vehicle at any time during the day or night. Additionally, Direct Transport Auto Connect customer service staff is on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to meet your needs or answer any questions.
What Are the Largest Cities in New York?
New York City is, of course, the most populous area in the state of New York, with roughly 8,405,000 residents. If the city was separated and considered a state, it would fall in the top 15 most populous states. Landmarks in New York City of course include the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, the Empire State Building, and the newly-built Freedom Tower. Interstate 87 does run through New York City, but that is not usually the best route to take if you are passing through. Direct Connect Auto Transport always takes the fastest, most cost-effective route to get your vehicle precisely where it needs to go. Better choices include the Cross Country Parkway, the Taconic State Parkway, and the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, depending on your destination. These are all part of the New York Thruway system.
Buffalo is home to the Buffalo Bills, and is situated on the Canadian border. A far cry from NYC, this chilly city has a population of roughly 250,000. Its proximity to the American side of Niagara Falls is part of what makes Buffalo famous. Other landmarks include Canalside and the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site. Interstate 90 passes directly through Buffalo, and Interstate 87 comes close. Both routes are good choices for long-distance trips to or from Buffalo.
Rich with history, Rochester is the third-largest city in the New York state, and is situated near the Finger Lakes. Women's suffrage rights evolved here, and many of the attractions in the city are devoted to cultural museums and sites. The George Eastman Museum is also a popular attraction, as Eastman was the founder of Kodak. Rochester and Buffalo are fairly close in proximity, as Rochester is also near the Canadian border and Lake Ontario. Offshoots of I-90 pass through parts of Rochester, and good routes to take include I-590 and I-490, depending on the destination.
Situated well on the other side of the state is Albany, the state capitol. On the banks of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, there is plenty to see and do in Albany such as parks and museums. Only 100 miles from New York City, Albany is easily reached by I-90 or I-787, or by other thruways in the New York Thruway System.
Why Choose Direct Connect?
- Direct Connect Auto Transport has over 20 years of experience in the industry, with experienced drivers and technicians that you may entrust with your vehicle.
- Should something ever happen to your vehicle while in transit, we offer a 100-percent guarantee that we will make the incident right, no matter what. Ask us about the Direct Connect Guarantee during booking.
- We carry a BBB A+ rating and our record of excellent transport services combined with top-notch customer service speaks for itself.
- Direct Connect offers real-time vehicle tracking, allowing you to log in and see exactly where your vehicle is at all times during transit.
No matter the destination, Direct Connect Auto Transport lets you track your vehicle at all times, keeping on top of your cargo and shipment. With over 20 years' experience in car transport, our A+ BBB record speaks for itself. Let us help you make your relocation seamless, and allow us to take care of some of the complexities of moving.
What Is the Cost to Ship a Car, Truck, or Motorcycle to New York?
The cost to ship a vehicle to New York hinges on the details, such as:
- Distance -The longer the distance of your New York car shipping service, the higher the cost, due to the cost of fuel and driver costs.
- Type of Car - A standard-sized car will cost less to ship to New York than a luxury or oversized vehicle. Your New York car shipping price will also be impacted if your car is inoperable.
- Type of Carrier - An open carrier is the most commonly-used and most affordable method to ship a car to New York. An enclosed carrier can offer protection from the elements but may cost a bit more.
- Time of Year - New York car shipping services will be impacted by peak seasons. If you have flexibility with your dates, you may be able to save money on your NY auto transport.
- Drop-off vs. Door-to-door - While it may make your life easier, requesting door-to-door service, such as the service that Direct Connect Auto Transport offers, rather than dropping your car off at the shipping center, can change your New York car shipping price.