How To Ship A Car, Truck Or Motorcycle to Indiana
Known for the world famous Indy 500, its Midwestern charm and a multitude of top-notch universities, Indiana is a great place to relocate to or call home! If you are planning to purchase a car online or are relocating somewhere within the great state of Indiana, we’ve got a perfect way to handle the logistics of shipping a car, truck or motorcycle to IN.
Auto transport is the perfect way to get your vehicle to Indiana without ever having to venture out on the busy highways and byways yourself. Indiana car shipping is perfect for those who:
- Are making a career move to one of Indiana's great companies.
- Are buying a car online and need to ship it to their Indiana home.
- Are relocating to Indiana and need to get multiple vehicles to their new home in Indiana.
- Are sending their kids off to college in Indiana.
Save time and reduce the stress of auto transport logistics with Indiana auto transport. This guide will help you get up-to-speed (no pun intended) on everything you need to know to ship a car, truck or motorcycle to Indiana. Let’s start with a high-level break down of how Indiana car shipping works:
Step 1: Get an Indiana car shipping price quote. You can typically do this online instantly or if you prefer you can get on the phone with a car shipping specialist who can walk you through the process. During this process, you’ll need to be as detailed as possible to ensure you receive the most accurate auto transport pricing. (Be sure to read through all fine print to make sure that your car shipment service includes insurance and does not have any hidden fees.) Go ahead and book your Indiana car shipping service when you’re ready.
Step 2: Prep your car for its Indiana car shipment. It’s very easy to get your car, truck, SUV or motorcycle ready for its Indiana car shipping. Just clear out your personal belongings. (You can leave up 100 pounds of your things inside as long as they don’t block the driver’s view, are not high in value or fragile.) Then make sure your tank is ¼ of the way full and snap a few pics of the current condition of your car for your records.
Step 3: Drop off or wait for pick up. During the car shipping booking step, you decided whether you would drop your vehicle off at a local intake center or opt for door-to-door car shipping. Either way, you’ll do a walk-around with the driver to confirm your car’s condition (think rental car pick up), and your car shipping service will be set in motion.
Step 4: Your Indiana auto transport partner delivers your car. Boom, it’s that easy!
Now that you’ve got all the details, if you’re ready to get started, request an instant quote for your Indiana auto transport or call 800-981-2222 to speak with a knowledgeable car shipping expert.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Car To Indiana?
Shipping a car to Indiana is easy with a quality auto transport service! Now that we’ve got that all cleared up let’s drill down on how much it costs to ship a car to Indiana. Your out-the-door price will depend on:
- Your to and from destination - If you are shipping a car from Indianapolis to Terre Haute, it will be a different price than a car shipping price from Fort Lauderdale to Fayetteville. Fuel prices, drivers’ fees and availability, as well as accessibility, of the area will impact your Indiana car shipping price.
- The dates you are shipping your vehicle - There can be a seasonal factor that increases or decreases your Indiana auto transport price. Be sure to ask your Indiana car shipper about the dates, especially if you have flexibility.
- The type of car you are shipping - Shipping an inoperable car to Indiana will cost a bit more than shipping a standard-sized car in good working order. Other specifics such as being oversized, requiring protection from the elements or added layers of security can drive up your Indiana car shipping price.
- The type of carrier required to ship your car - The open carrier is most popular for shipping a car to Indiana and also the most affordable. If you require the enclosed carrier, it could change the way your car shipping price is calculated.
- Any special needs your vehicle may require - If you need door-to-door service, you are planning to ship over 100 pounds worth of personal items or your vehicle needs special treatment during auto transport, your car shipping price may be affected.
Why Choose Direct Connect Auto Transport For Your IndianaCar Shipping Needs
Since 2001, Direct Connect Auto Transport has been the leading Indiana car shipping company. We specialize in getting vehicles of all kinds from anywhere to Indiana with the best car shipping prices and highest quality car shipping services. Check out why America’s rated Direct Connect Auto Transport number one for Indiana auto transport:
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Accredited with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- All Indiana car shipping services include world-class insurance, a damage-free guarantee and real-time tracking for your vehicle while it’s on its route.
- The most experienced, most thoroughly-vetted carrier network in the country
- 24 hour/day, 7 day/week, 365 day/year customer service access
- Door-to-door service available even if you’re not home
- Ability to ship any type of vehicle from a standard-sized car to a boat, an RV, a vintage automobile to oversized trucks or equipment.
- 5-star online rating from our current customers