How To Ship A Car, Truck Or SUV to Alabama
Car shipping can help simplify your move to Alabama whether it’s for a new career, college or just a change of scenery. Shipping your car, truck, SUV or motorcycle to Alabama with a professional auto transport company helps free you up to handle the other details of your move knowing you don’t have to drive your vehicles there yourself.
If you are considering shipping your vehicle to Alabama, you might be wondering how car shipping works. Here’s what you need to know:
- A professional driver will load your car onto one of three types of carriers: open, enclosed or flatbed.
- You will need to provide the details of your transport to get a car shipping price quote and get started. These details include your dates, your to and from locations, your vehicle type and any other unique details for your auto transport.
- Your car can be dropped off at a drop-off facility close to you or you can opt for door-to-door service if that’s more convenient.
How To Choose The BestAlabama Transport Company
Now that you’ve got Alabama auto transport on your radar as an option to solve your moving challenges, you’ll need to find the best Alabama car shipper to get the job done. Of course, you’ll want a company that is dedicated to quality and that you can trust your car with.
- Online Auto Transport Reviews: A good place to start your search for the best Alabama auto transport company is by checking out the company’s online auto transport reviews. This is a good indication of how satisfied (or unsatisfied) their current customers are. You will also want to pay attention to how quickly they reply to negative comments as an indicator of their attention to customer service.
- Experience: Years in business speaks to experience, and experience shipping cars does matter. Typically, a company with more experience is well-established, has a knowledgeable team of customer service and a strong network of professional drivers. You may also look for ratings from the Better Business Bureau and accreditation with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration as gauges of quality.
- Insurance: Driving your car out on the road without insurance is most likely something you would never do! The same applies to your Alabama car shipping service. Be sure to confirm that your car shipping service comes with ample insurance to protect your asset, should an unforeseen accident occur.
Breaking Down the Price of Your Alabama Auto Transport
Many factors come into play when configuring the price of your Alabama auto transport. It’s imperative that you provide all the relevant details when requesting an Alabama car shipping price quote to ensure that you receive an accurate price.
- The Type of Your Vehicle: Obviously the car shipping company will need to know what it’s shipping to calculate the price. Be sure to note any tow hitches or oversized attributes that might require additional room. Also, note whether your vehicle is inoperable or requires an added layer of security and protection from the elements.
- The Distance of the Load: The to and from locations of your Alabama car shipping service will impact the price as related to fuel costs, driver fees as well as accessibility of the route.
- Door-to-door vs. Drop Point Delivery: With Direct Connect Auto Transport, you have the option to drop your vehicle off at a car shipping center near your location, or select door-to-door service. While door-to-door may offer more convenience, it can impact your AL car shipping price.
- Carrier Option: Three types of carriers are typically used for Alabama auto transport including open carriers, enclosed carriers and flatbed trucks. Open carriers are the most commonly used and most affordable options. Enclosed carriers can provide more protection from the elements and added security when needed.
- Season: Seasonality and demand factors can impact the price to ship a car to Alabama. If you have any flexibility in your dates, be sure to mention that to your auto transport provider.
The Direct Connect Auto Transport Advantage
Since 2001, Direct Connect Auto Transport has provided the best Alabama car shipping services. We have the largest, most thoroughly-vetted network of carriers standing by to confidently transport your vehicles seamlessly and affordably. Check out the many reasons that Direct Connect Auto Transport is America’s choice for car shipping services:
- A+ Better Business Bureau Rating
- Accreditation of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- World-class Insurance
- Damage-free guarantee
- Real-time tracking
- Largest carrier network
- 24/7, 365-day access to customer service
- 5-star online auto transport review from customers